3 Simple Steps For Writing Every Day

Lately, I have been reading a lot about Writing. Considering my poor writing skills, I have been looking for resources and advices from experts on improving writing. After reading several articles, I have come to a conclusion that every single advice boils down to this: “If you want to be a good writer, you need to write every day.”

If I tell you that, I know many will say, “I have already heard about that,” or “I don’t have enough time,” or “I write everyday but I haven’t seen any changes,” and so on and so forth.

I know for a fact that you have heard it hundreds of times and it sounds cliché, but it’s a universal fact – if you want to improve writing, you need to write every day. 

Let me explain.

If you are like me, you think a lot about writing a new post for your blog. You want to write more often. You want to constantly update your blog on regular basis. You want to share and gain more readers.

But you don’t write a new post. You don’t write as often as you like. You don’t update your blog on regular basis. And you don’t gain more readers as a result.

WHY? Because you are only making plans; you are not executing it. You aren’t taking any action. You are waiting for a right time to write. And that time never comes.

If you really want to commit to writing, there are 3 simple steps you need to follow.

1. Stop Planning.
2. Start Writing.
3. Repeat.

The first step is Stop Planning. Many people start to plan before they even start writing. It is not entirely a bad thing but many focuses more on planning rather than writing. They plan on writing several articles and make several lists, but only to write none. Your mind is overwhelmed by your massive lists. Your mind can only handle what it is capable of. So what I would advise you is that you need to stop planning – not entirely, but have very few lists (max: 3).

Second step is Start Writing. Now that you have planned on writing at least 3 articles, you need to choose the best one to write first. After choosing the best one the process is simple: you need to write until you finish writing. And then you can decide on writing the other two.

If you have understood the above two steps then step three will be very easy for you. Step three is Repeat, which means you need to repeat step 1 and 2 for every new article you choose to write.

So the cycle is quite simple: Stop Planning >> Start Writing >> Repeat

I hope this little advice of mine will help you start writing every day. I would also love to hear your suggestions and feedbacks, so please leave it under the comment section below. And if you like this article, please feel free to share. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waste Problems in Bhutan

Infrequent Blogger, Me

Mistakes