Busy Life!

We miss out on so many small things around us when we are busy with our LIFE. I just realized this when I looked out from my balcony this morning. 

I woke up at 6 and made my coffee and sat on a small wooden chair at the balcony. I was just taking a deep breath and enjoying the morning view with sip of hot strong coffee. The morning view is always amazing from where I am sitting, but lately I have not been able to enjoy this moment because of my “new work schedule.” I am working late nights and waking up quite late in the mornings. I hardly get time to sit and take rest because I will always find something to do, even in free time. But today was different! It was Sunday and I woke up quite early. I had nothing to do, literally. I had done all my chores the other day – laundry, cleaning, dishes, garbage, etc. So I had Sunday free for myself. I can choose to do anything I wanted but I chose to stay at home. Home is also one of my favorite hangout places.

So I am at balcony, sipping coffee from my mug and enjoying the view. What I saw next totally surprised me. The owner of the building, where I am currently living, has a small apple orchard behind the building. What I failed to observe all this time was that the apple tree had already bore fruits, and they were LOVELY. Seeing all those red fresh fruits hanging on branches made me ask to myself: How the hell in the world I didn’t notice this? Nobody would have missed such a sight. I bet all the tenants living in the building would have already seen it. They would have seen it through their windows if not their balcony. I was 100% sure that I was the last unlucky person to see it now.

So, I was not able to grasp the idea how I might have missed such a beautiful sight which is just below my balcony. I interrogated myself repeatedly in my head HOW? HOW? HOW?

And after interrogating myself for a long time I came to a conclusion. The conclusion was I was too busy with life and I forgot to see or enjoy things around me.

This is just one example, but I know that I have missed on so many things in my life – family, relatives, friends, neighbors, colleagues, people, and so many other things.

My mom always said, “At the end of the day, the time you spend with your family and friends will always account more than anything in life.” So the lesson here is make time for your family, friends, colleagues, relatives, etc., no matter how busy you are.

Call your mom, call your dad, call your friends, say hi to a stranger, take time to go to parks, go to dinner, invite your friends over, take a walk, go jogging, go picnic with friends, and make some time for others in your life. Otherwise, you might also miss that beautiful sight of apple tree.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waste Problems in Bhutan

Infrequent Blogger, Me

Mistakes